- Improved safety for both personnel and equipment;
- Reduced production delays due to increased knowledge of the rock mass strength and early warning of slope instability;
- Fast alarm response and low false alarm rate due to high spatial resolution and fast scan time;
- Reduced service disruptions due to a highly robust construction and a limited number of moving parts;
As open-pit mines get deeper, massive slope failure can occur with little or no warning. In view of this situation, IDS has developed a unique radar system – IBIS-FM – capable of:
Continuously measuring mine wall/slope movements with sub-millimetre accuracy from distances up to 4 Km;
Providing reliable early warning alerts for progressive wall/slope movements than can potentially lead to failure;
Mapping the long term evolution of slow moving slopes.
IDS has furnished IBIS-FM with a suite of advanced technologies which overcome the deficiencies of the previous generation of slope radar systems. IBIS-FM now offers the following leading edge features:
- Highest spatial resolution: 0.5m x 4.4m resolution cell @1 km, resulting in the detection of smaller failure areas.
- Longest operating range: From 10 m up to 4000 m.
- Extremely broad coverage of pit walls: Can cover an area of around 5 km2 @ 2 km.
- Low acquisition time: Just a few minutes for a full resolution scan at long range (2.5 minutes @2 km).
- Long term monitoring: Through either permanent installations away from blasting restricted areas or by precise re-positioning of the system.
- Fully self-powered operation: Using a combination of solar panels and batteries, only switching to a diesel generator as a back-up.
- High in-service availability: A limited number of moving parts and low maintenance requirements help to keep down-time to a minimum.
- Fully remote operation: Provided by a wire-less radio link.
- Advanced atmospheric estimation.;
- Fully tested in harsh mining environments.
IBIS-FM is supplied along with the Guardian software suite which is specifically designed for critical and background monitoring. Guardian provides automatic real-time processing of radar data, visualization of displacement maps with multiple analysis options (extraction of time series for displacements, velocity, inverse of velocity) and the possibility to create multiple hazard-maps with user-defined alarm criteria for active monitoring.
IBIS Guardian makes use of state-of the art automatic atmospheric correction algorithms to provide accurate and reliable displacement maps which are fully geo-referenced on a digital terrain model.
The capability to handle long-term projects with large datasets makes Guardian also suitable for the long-term tracking of movements which is potentially useful for regulators, the back analysis of slope failure and more comprehensive geotechnical/geological analysis.
- User friendly intuitive interface
- Real-time automatic processing
- Automatic advanced atmospheric corrections
- Alarm generation with user-defined levels and multiple alarm criteria
- Long datasets for geotechnical back analysis
- Fully geo-referenced outputs
- 3D interactive data handling
- User defined zones for alarm generation
- Import of multiple digital layers for displaying geological information
- Exportability of outputs to mine planning software
|Accuracy||+/- 0.1 mm (l.o.s.)|
|Spatial Resolution||Range: 0.5 m, Cross Range: 4.4 mrad (@1 km, 0.5 m by 4.4 m; @2 km, 0.5 m by 8.8m)|
|Area Coverage||Extremely broad (e.g. @2 km an area around 5 km2)|
|Operating Range||10 m to 4000 m|
|Operating Temperature||-20°C to +55°C|
|Scan Time||Less than 3 min|
|Power Consumption||Less than 100 W|
|Weight||250 kg, depending on the version|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, IC|
|The IBIS FM basic configuration, including linear scanner, radar sensor and power supply module, can be provided with the optional tools listed below|
|Genset||Diesel generator controlled by IBIS Controller|
|Digital Camera||High Resolution Digital Camera with dedicated software|
|Radio Link||Wi-fi point-to-point link for data transfer|
|Radio Link Repeater||Radio link repeater for data transfer|
|Weather Station||Weather station controlled by IBIS Controller|
Acquisition & system management software
Real time processing, data interpretation & early warning software