- Helps identify areas of risk for landslide prevention and landslide mitigation projects by providing a complete and real time stability analysis of a slope;
- Provides accurate monitoring of a landslide or a large structure remotely without the need to place valuable equipment in areas of risk;
- Reduces the time taken to characterize a landside from the 6 / 12 months required by traditional instruments to just a few days;
IBIS-FL is a highly innovative technology for 2D monitoring of displacements and movements in slopes and structures. Monitoring of terrain movements (unstable slopes, landslides, glaciers, …) is an increasingly important task for today’s geotechnical experts required to prevent or forecast natural disasters that could affect human lives.
IBIS-FL, based on SAR interferometry, can remotely measure the simultaneous displacement of thousands of points over large areas (natural reflections of the slope), without the need for any kind of access to the slope under observation. IBIS-FL provides a Displacement Time Series for each point with an accuracy of up to 0.1 mm. Thanks to the high number and the spatial density of good measurement points, IBIS-FL can also provide Displacement Maps to clearly distinguish stable and moving portions of the area under investigation.
The automatic acquisition and processing of IBIS-FL data enables the device to provide early warning alerts if movements exceed a selected threshold.
- Remote sensing: Real time remote sensing at up to 4 km with no need for equipment to be installed on the monitored area.
- Accuracy: Measures displacements of as little as 0.1 mm @ 4km range. No other instrument can match the same accuracy.
- 3D rendering: Real time 3D map of displacements over areas of several square kilometers. The user can easily understand and locate the displacements.
- Always operative: Operates day & night in all weather conditions. The system can operate independently and continuously for really long survey periods.
IBIS-FL is supplied along with the Guardian software suite which is specifically designed for critical and background monitoring. Guardian provides automatic real-time processing of radar data, visualization of displacement maps with multiple analysis options (extraction of time series for displacements, velocity, inverse of velocity) and the possibility to create multiple hazard-maps with user-defined alarm criteria for active monitoring.
IBIS Guardian makes use of state-of the art automatic atmospheric correction algorithms to provide accurate and reliable displacement maps which are fully geo-referenced on a digital terrain model.
The capability to handle long-term projects with large datasets makes Guardian also suitable for the long-term tracking of movements which is potentially useful for regulators, the back analysis of slope failure and more comprehensive geotechnical/geological analysis.
- User friendly intuitive interface
- Real-time automatic processing
- Automatic advanced atmospheric corrections
- Alarm generation with user-defined levels and multiple alarm criteria
- Long datasets for geotechnical back analysis
- Fully geo-referenced outputs
- 3D interactive data handling
- User defined zones for alarm generation
- Import of multiple digital layers for displaying geological information
- Exportability of outputs to mine planning software
|Accuracy||+/- 0.1 mm (l.o.s.)|
|Spatial Resolution||Range: 0.5 m, Cross Range: 4.4 mrad (@1 km, 0.5 m by 4.4 m; @2 km, 0.5 m by 8.8m)|
|Area Coverage||Extremely broad (e.g. @2 km an area around 5 km2)|
|Operating Range||10 m to 4000 m|
|Operating Temperature||-20°C to +55°C|
|Scan Time||6 min|
|Power Consumption||100 W|
|Radio Frequency Exposure (Radiated Power)||TBC, 0.400 W|
|Weight||250 kg, depending on the version|
Acquisition & system management software
Real time processing, data interpretation & early warning software